Online Harms: Decoding & Understanding with Collaborative Conversations
“One hundred caring and passionate people in the room creating powerful change.”
Sarah’s words sum up the power of this event. which brought together multi-agencies and charities to talk to, and to learn from, each other about how to keep young people safe online.
Organised and hosted by Sarah with Cath Knibbs, the day was opened by Alison Lowe OBE, Deputy Mayor of West Yorkshire. Delegates were then able to hear from and engage with an incredible line-up of speakers and conversation starters, including:
- Michael Lambert, West Yorkshire Liaison & Diversion Learning Disability Nurse
- Liz Stanton MBE, Independent E-safety Trainer.
- Rachel Payling Head of Stronger Communities.
- Detective Superintendent Vanessa Rolfe, Violence Against Women & Girls
- West Yorkshire Police Cyber Crime Team.
- Lee Haywood Online Safety UK.
- Sam Starsmore, YGAM.
- Luke Ambler, CEO Andy’s Man Club.
- Fay McCallum ReachOut Project Barnardo’s North Region.
- Caroline Andrews VRU and ATR.
Throughout the day there were many brilliant conversations and connections made, which will continue to be.
Of the ability to network at the event, Sarah remarked, “We need more of this! This is what works! Bring people together in one room – let the connections build. This is when we have the best chance of protecting our children and young people.”
If you would like to know more about Cath’s work, please visit https://www.childrenandtech.co.uk/